Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Majestically Revealed

i love the bare late autumn trees,
the way they stand
majestically revealed,
and how their color they once wore
lays below like a
fallen robe

are these trees now already in a sleep?
without their leaves
are they simply holding their breaths till
spring?

i love that trees live in a
cycle:
the way their leaves
become food,
and the food
becomes leaves.

in the city i am disconnected
from the ways of the Earth,
but it is funny that I am
truly not,
but simply am not aware
that I am connected.
So when I see the return
of a new season:
when autumn is coming to a close,
then I am reminded briefly of the ancient cycles I have forgotten,
and which guide me.

Quite funny is a creature
so lost in its mind
that it sees not and
knows not truly where it
stands;
and how it might be lost in its
own very home.

Who is it that sees not the majesty of the seasons?

the word humble has a
new meaning
when thinking
of the processes of which humans do not
and never will
control...

n.s

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home